What Is Palo Santo:
Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) is a tree that’s native to Ecuador, Peru, and other countries in South America. It grows in tropical forests and produces a very fragrant resin. In Spanish, Palo Santo means “holy wood.” The wood, resin, and oil has been used for medicinal purposes by indigenous people for centuries. It is mainly used to treat pain and stress, but it’s also said to clear negative energy.
How It Is Used:
Palo Santo is available in different forms. You can use it as follows:
- Wood. The wood of the Palo Santo tree is burned as incense. As it burns, it releases aromatic smoke into the air.
- Oil. The essential oil of Palo Santo can be derived from the wood and fruit. Palo Santo oil is inhaled during aromatherapy. The oil can also be applied to your skin. This technique is usually used for treating pain or to aid in stress relief and restoring positive energy.
Ecuadorian Hands harvests products from this tree and is all about protecting the origin and ancestral knowledge of Ecuador to supply the best artisan products to the world.
If you are interested in products from the wood of the plant, it is good to know that Ecuadorian Hands extracts this product without harming the Palo Santo wood tree. They only process wood that has been found to have died naturally in the forest. That allows them a traceability from its planting, picking, transformation, and commercialization.
- You can purchase it here: Ground Incense.
Here is a picture of their products. I must say that it has a unique scent and the incense was easily lit and stayed burning. Some incense I have found was not so user friendly.
If you are interested in the Essential Oils, they have several options to best suit your needs.
- They have a Red bracelet with Palo Santo pearl + 1ml vial 100% pure Palo Santo essential oil. The red bracelet provides protection to those who wear it, warding off bad energies and attracting positive ones.You can purchase it here: Red Bracelet.
- They have Palo Santo Glycerin Soap for daily use. It contains pure essential oil of Palo Santo, and ground wood of the Palo Santo that provides a pleasant and subtle citrus-woody aroma that provides calm and well-being. It also hydrates and protects your skin against stains, acne, psoriasis, etc. You can purchase it here: Glycerin Soap.
- And they also have 100% pure Palo Santo Essential Oil (Bursera Graveleons). Its ideal for holistic aromatherapy for Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue, Fear, Grief, Insecurity, Loneliness, Panic Attacks, and Stress. They offer a savings on shipping by purchasing 3 bottles or more. You can purchase it here: 100% Pure Palo Santo Essential Oil.
Since 2008, Ecuadorian Hands has been involved in the front-lines of a reforestation program to restore several areas of the Dry-Tropical Forest of Manabi by planting native species, such as Palo Santo and other native species to help achieve the preservation of the aroma and the medicinal benefits of this sacred wood. You can read more about that here: Reforestation Program.
It’s always a pleasure to share information about those who are helping the world become a better place.
I hope you found this helpful…