There’s nothing better than fresh Amish White Bread! Make a sandwich and enjoy!
Mix: Yeast Mixture
- 1 C. Warm Water about 110 degrees
- 2 tbsp. Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Set until foam appears
Mix: Flour Mixture
- 2C. Hot Water
- 1/3 C. Veg-table Oil
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1 TBSP. Salt
- 7 C White Flour
Mix the yeast mixture into the flour mixture. Hand mix until all ingredients are mixed. You do not need to kneed it, just form it until it’s nice and round.
- Grease a large bowl.
- Place in blow and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until double in size
- Punch down and reform until round.
- Divided evenly into threes.
- Spray three bread pans with cooking spray
- Place formed bread loaves into bread pans
- Recover with plastic wrap
- let rise again for about 30 minutes.
Bake @350 for 25-30 minutes
Immediately place and cooling rack.
If you prefer wheat, we have a fabulous Amish Wheat Bread Recipe too.
The Country Gal