Joint shopping can be tiring both for parents and kids. However, it is very important to form healthy eating habits from early childhood, including eating fruits and vegetables. One of the ways to achieve it is to take a little assistant with you to the supermarket. The main thing is to organize everything correctly and think about the rules in advance. Here are several ideas on what you need to do to make your joint shopping successful.
Where to Do Shopping?
When planning a joint shopping, it is worth paying attention to the stores, which are located near home. In the US, this is usually large retailers, which are covering most places around the country. We suggest you pay attention to the following chains:
- Meijer — this chain is majorly located in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. It offers plenty of favorable deals and promos for a big variety of goods: groceries, pet supplies, electronics, medicines, furniture, housewares, jewelry, clothing, sporting equipment, etc. Meijer’s ad will help you to learn the last updates and promos on the items of your interest.
- Food Lion — this is another place for doing joint shopping in North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, and Tennessee. You can buy fresh products here and use coupons to buy particular items. These coupons can be taken from the weekly circular.
- Dollar General — this chain is located in 44 states of America, covering the county with an impressive number of locations — 15 thousand! This megastore offers a huge variety of products, which could be purchased at favorable prices. The store offers weekly promotions and everyday deals regularly.
- Albertsons — this chain operates in 35 states of the USA, but the highest concentration of the stores is in California. The store is known for its fair prices and this is a perfect option for buying medicines on the prescription and bakery.
- Target — this is a nationwide retail chain, which has a big assortment of goods and could be visited with children. Here you can buy furniture, electronics, groceries, homeware, etc. To make the advantage of shopping here, it is recommended to check the weekly flyers with promos.
- Aldi — this is one of the oldest retailers in the market, which operates around the world. It sells a variety of goods, including groceries, clothing, household items, etc. Reading the weekly flyer is a good option to save on purchases here.
- Walmart — this is a world-known retailer that operates in 27 countries of the world. It has around 11,500 stores and employs 2.2 million people. Doing shopping at Walmart means buying a huge variety of items at attractive prices. This store has a huge number of loyal customers thanks to the special deals and promos.
To tell the truth, the list of possible locations for shopping with kids may be impressively long. We don’t intend to overwhelm you with a huge list of retailers available in your state. Moreover, this is a matter of taste and convenience, so we suggest you select one of the nearby options and proceed to the shopping.
Tips and Trick for Joint Shopping
If you have not experienced a joint shopping with your kid yet, we encourage you to prepare for it and follow these tips to make this time pleasant and fun.
- Make a shopping list and follow it
All parents know: shopping with a small assistant is not an easy task. The child requires constant attention, and the buying process also requires attention. Therefore, make a shopping list in advance. It is better to make a list taking into account how the departments are located — so you will save time and energy, and also, you can bypass the “problem” zones (sweets, toys).
- Choose the right time
The best time is when the supermarket is not overcrowded. So, it will be easier for you to complete both tasks: to look after the child and make all the necessary purchases. Avoid shopping on weekends and during rush hours. This will make it simpler for you and your kid.
- Let your child help you
If you take your child with you to the supermarket, get ready for the fact that he\she wants to help you. Therefore, think in advance in which food departments you will need the help of your kids, and where it is better not to go at all.
- Create your own game
Each time you go shopping together, the child can choose some new products (for example, children’s yogurt with a new taste or any fruit), check the shopping list together with you, choose apples or bell peppers, count vegetables and fruits, etc. Play with a kid the game “useful — not useful”. Do not forget to consult with your child: what he likes best, how many apples or bananas he should take, and what he likes.
- Feed Your Kid in Advance
Before going to the grocery store, feed your kid. Even for an adult, shopping on an empty stomach is a challenge. Therefore, if you do not want the little assistant to ask a chocolate bar or something else, feed him in advance, or take a light snack with you (fruits, smoothies, yogurt, cheese, etc.).
When you and your child go shopping, he\she learns from you how to choose vegetables and fruits, how to behave in a supermarket, which foods are healthy, etc. Do not forget that a joint trip to the supermarket is not only the routine task but also the opportunity to have fun. Keep positive mood and praise the little assistant for any help — because it is so important that the efforts of the kids do not go unnoticed.