WOW, can you believe we are already into 2017? When I say I had a great Holiday I really did and I hope you and your family did too! But now it’s time for me to step back and start eating healthier and lighter. I sure I must have consumed everything I could eat during the holidays, sweets, cakes, cookies, soda and much more.
This year I have vowed to eat more veggies and add more salads to my meals so that’s what I’m focusing on today, finding the perfect salads and dressings that I want to try out.
Today, I may have found just what I want to start off with and it’s from one of my favorite companies, Wishbone! Now Wishbone has a new set of dressings that I have never seen before called Ristorante Italiano Roasted Garlic Balsamic Dressing .
I found a dish I can’t wait to prepare with one of these Ristorante Dressing, plus it also has cauliflower included. It’s called: Marinated Cauliflower Steaks. Can you say, MMM,MMM,GOOD! I love how simple this meal is and how I can still implement my veggies. It only takes a few minutes to prepare:
Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Marinate Time 30 Minutes
- Cook Time 15 Minutes
Ingredients Serves 2
- Pour 1/2 cup Dressing over cauliflower in large bag; turning cauliflower to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove cauliflower from bag.
- Grill, broil or pan fry cauliflower until golden brown and tender. Immediately sprinkle Cauliflower with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve, if desired, on salad greens and drizzle with additional dressing.
*How to cut cauliflower head into steaks: Place cauliflower, base side down, on a work surface. Using a very sharp knife, and starting at top center of cauliflower head, cut down the center of the cauliflower head to divide it in half. Then carefully cut four 3/4-inch thick slices (two off each half). Set cauliflower steaks aside.
My next choice for meal preparation this week will be the South-of-the Border Layered Taco Dip . Oooolala!
I’m sure my entire family will enjoy this meal, after all everyone loves taco’s and this particular meal with the Wishbone South-of-the Border Ranch Dressing will definitely add a new twist of flavor to it! Just look at this dish, don’t your mouth waters…lol!
Well as with many of Wishbone’s meals, this too is very easy to prepare:
Prep Time 15 minutes
Ingredients Makes 4 cups
- 1 can (15 oz.) low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® South-of-the Border Ranch Dressing
- 3 cups taco toppings, such as shredded lettuce, diced avocado and diced tomato
- Place beans and cilantro in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Spread beans in bottom of 1-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese and 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® South of the Border Ranch.
- Layer your favorite taco toppings on top. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup Dressing. Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips.
Stay tune for we have many other great recipes and idea meal dishes I’m sure you will enjoy from Wishbone!