With Christmas approaching and the year coming to an end, people flock to the markets and streets to find the best gifts for their loved ones. However, you’ll be surprised to see how the other half lives! They spend millions on some of the most expensive gifts to present to their loved ones.
You can do better than just gifting chocolates or flowers. You could buy something that your loved one needs -like a Nintendo Switch or an iPhone X. Or you could just make a customized gift for them to share your memories.
There are plenty of gift ideas for the rich and famous, and while we have had people spending millions even in the centuries gone by to gift something splendorous, you could get something great at an affordable price. The rich and famous people of yesteryear though went a lot more than just that – as we shall see below.
The Top Most Expensive Gifts in History
Let us have a look at this jaw-dropping list of the five most expensive gifts in history!
- The 19th Floor at the Burj Khalifa: For those of you who are hearing this name for the first time in their lives, the Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world that stands tall in Dubai. It is also the most expensive hotel in the world. Shilpa Shetty, the famous Bollywood actress, was presented with the 19th floor as a gift by her affluent business tycoon husband, Raj Kundra. This news came as a shock to the world and became a front-page headline since the building is the most expensive in the world.
- The Star of The East: The star of the east is actually a very popular diamond that came to be known by this name. It was gifted to a wealthy American heiress, and the estimated worth is close to $100,000. This gift went on to make this daughter of a rich Irish immigrant the richest woman in the world.
- The Taj Mahal: Nothing can beat a gift as grand as the Taj Mahal. According to the popular legend, the famous emperor Shah Jahan built this envious and breathtaking wonder of the world in the memory of his beautiful wife, Mumtaz Mahal. It took close to INR 32 million to construct this beauty, easily making it one of the most expensive gifts in history.
- The Multi-Million Bra: This multi-million bra has a net worth of $10,000 which has been inspired by Victoria’s Secret Angels collection. This is the most expensive bra recorded in the history of lingerie.
- $60 Million Jet: Nita Ambani, the wife of the famous and richest business tycoon Mukesh Ambani, was gifted a $60 million jet. For those of you who don’t know, the Ambani’s are the wealthiest individuals in India. This exclusive jet consists of a bar and bathroom, a music system, a kitchen and a plethora of other luxuries!
These five ridiculously expensive gifts are some of the most luxurious recorded in history. You shouldn’t have to worry about gifting any of these to your loved ones though. Instead, you could gift something much simpler – like a Rolex watch. If you want to make money, there are a good number of ways to try out today including trying your hand at online casinos.