Are you a mom on the hunt for the perfect dance uniform for your kid who is about to start dance class?
If so, you are not alone. Quality dance attire can be difficult to find, especially if you’ve never shopped for it before and have no idea where to look.
4 Reasons Why Finding Dance Uniforms Can Be Difficult
Before we offer some ideas and solutions, let’s take a closer look at the problem first. Why would good dance costumes be so difficult to find? Here are four possible answers.
- Your dance class instructor has very strict requirements about what is allowed, which drastically cuts down on your options. Yet, uniforms are not provided; you must find them.
- Your child’s dance class has too few requirements on permissible uniforms, making it hard to sift through the myriad of available options with any obvious criteria in mind.
- You are a dance class teacher, and it is simply difficult to find a place where you can order just what you want in sufficient quantity and get it delivered on time. Deciding on uniform types is difficult anyway since everyone wants something different.
- You simply can’t find what you are looking for in brick-and-mortar stores, and there seemingly isn’t enough time or money for gas to finally find the right uniform.
4 Tips for Finding Your Perfect Dance Uniform
Enough with the problems! Where are the solutions? In the interest of helping you succeed on your dance uniform quest, here are four helpful suggestions:
- Shop Online. To maximize your options, save the expense and time consumption of traveling from store to store, and make the shopping process as convenient as possible, look for an online vendor. Just for Kix dance uniforms, for example, are available in an incredible quantity and variety and ship fast to your doorstep.
- List and Prioritize. Write down exactly what features, if any, are a must (required by the dance class), and which ones are a top priority for you and your child. Next, list preferences, subordinate “should haves” to narrow things down within the scope of your “must haves.”
- Buy Quality and Durability. Almost any dance uniform is going to cost more than an ordinary piece of clothing. It isn’t worth it to save on the quality or to buy something that won’t last just to shave a few dollars off the price tag. Your child might use the uniform for years, or you could give it to a sibling or cousin or resell it down the road, so your investment shouldn’t be wasted.
- Make It a “Shared” Decision. As Mom, you could throw down the hammer and demand a particular uniform be worn, but if at all possible, it’s best not to in this instance. What style costume one wears while dancing is a very personal matter, and you want your kid to be comfortable and happy about the class. Try to at least give two or three options to your child.
Buying the ideal dance uniform for your child is not nearly as easy as it may sound, but searching online and starting with a well thought out plan as to what exactly you are looking for makes it a lot easier.