There is no denying the fact that witnessing your baby crawl for the very first time is one of the happiest moments. It is also one of the first of so many milestones parents start to look forward to once the new one is born.
On average, newborns begin to crawl when they are at least six months old. However, if you do not see your baby crawl by this time, there is nothing to worry about. You need to know that babies develop at different rates. Thus, it might not be a sign of any problems you need to fret about.
Know when babies begin to crawl
As mentioned earlier, you first need to notice your baby crawl when he/she is six months old. Next, once your baby is ten months old, they will be moving around efficiently. This is the time when they will be using both their knees and hands. Nevertheless, there are babies who do not begin to crawl once they complete a year, and it is absolutely normal. Hence, if you are wondering when should babies learn to crawl, continue reading, and learn more.
Baby crawling styles
Have you ever pictured a baby crawling? What did you imagine? Most of them see the babies on their knees and hands. This is one of the most common crawling styles. However, leaving this behind, there are a plethora of baby crawling styles that you may be new to. Below mentioned are them.
- Commando crawl: This is when your baby lies flat on their tummy on the floor, and they make use of their arms to move from one place to another.
- Scoot crawl: Here is where your baby moves from one place to another with just their bottoms. What they do basically is they sit upright and make use of their legs to move here and there.
- Backward crawl: Basically, your newborn will scoot or crawl backward with the help of their legs.
- Crab crawl: This one is somewhat similar to the classic crawl but your baby here will keep the knee on the ground and will use his/her feet and hands to do the walking.
These are some of the crawling styles. In addition to this, we would also like to inform you that you can also make use of baby onesies if you want to see your baby crawl. A onesie is a piece of clothing for newborns that help them move comfortably. Buy baby onesies for baby boy and girl that covers your child’s entire body making them perfect for crawling. You can get your hands on them if you want to help your baby crawl.
How to help your baby crawl?
As your baby begins to crawl, there are a plethora of methods you can put into use if you want them to move in the right direction and manner. Mentioned below are some of them. Give it a read and get started without any further ado.
- Help your baby to lay on the stomach: One method you can make use of to help your baby move is to encourage them to spend most of the time on their tummy. Doing so will let their arm muscles become strong. Not many might not that strong muscles are vital if the baby wants to crawl. Moreover, studies have shown that the more time babies spend on their tummy, there are chances that they will begin to crawl in no time.
- Let the baby come near you: While the newborn is learning to move from one place to another, make sure to stand away from them. This will encourage them to reach out to you. If they are taking time, don’t worry. Let them reach you. After all, different babies have different points of crawling.
The Final Word
Now that you know everything about baby crawling, you need to keep in mind that it is also necessary to keep your home safe. Since your baby is crawling, you need to make sure that they do not end up hurting themselves.
If you do not know what precisely to do, you can always get in touch with a reliable pediatrician and get started. These are professionals with immense knowledge and make sure their clients get the information they need.