My daughter loves to draw. She doesn’t draw much of anything coherent yet; they’re more Jackson Pollack than Andy Warhol. Normally we try to direct her to the Crayons but at some point she found the stash of colored pencils. Yes, they belong to the hubby and me. We like to color on occasion too. Don’t judge us. Luckily she hasn’t found our Crayons yet. 😉
So we have a lot of colored pencils and no pencil sharpener. Well, we had one of those manual pencil sharpeners. I don’t mean manual like you had in school, I mean manual like you hold the sharpener in one hand and turn the pencil by hand. And that was an improvement. Originally we had the hubby’s pocket knife. He actually got pretty good at hand shaving pencils. But when you have literally a hundred colored pencils to sharpen, the pocket knife isn’t a very good option. So he used the manual sharpener. You know what happens when you use a manual sharpener on a hundred pencils? A really huge blister on your thumb. Like your whole thumb turns into a blister. But God love him, he sharpened them all. It was a team effort, she pulled out the colored pencils with the worn or broken tips and he sharpened them.
After the hubby showed me the huge blister on his thumb, I knew there had to be a better way. But amazingly it’s kind of hard to find a decent pencil sharpener that isn’t crazy expensive. And electric pencil sharpeners are loud. I mean crazy loud. The solution is a sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies. This sharpener is in one word, awesome. You can use it on a desktop, mounted or not. You squeeze a switch and pull out the pencil holder, push in the pencil and turn the crank. It is so quiet it is amazing. It sharpens perfectly and lets you know exactly when to stop so you don’t sharpen it down to nothing. No more blisters for the husband, unless it’s from the Nintendo.
- Old-school retro look.
- Quiet sharpening eliminates classroom (or in this instant, home) interruptions.
- Automatic stopping once the perfect point is formed. This prevents over-sharpening.
- Works on standard sized pencils.
- Clear plastic disposal tray for easy cleaning.
- Easy to use (as young as 5 years of age).
- Sturdy metal frame (approximately 3″ x 3″ x 5″).
- Portable or mounts to a surface. Clamp included.
- A true “green” pencil sharpener. Ideal for environmentally friendly schools and classrooms.
- A “must have” for every teacher.
- A unique and practical teacher gift.
The Sharpener That All The Teachers Are Talking About
Disclaimer: This product was received from the Company for review purposes only. All thoughts and words in this post are my own and I was not paid to endorse it. I am only voicing my opinion of this product.