You love a clean personal space. But clutter is distressing! If it is next to your bed, it is even more frustrating. Certainly it steals your peace of mind. But cleaning your room does require time and effort. It may feel like an overwhelming task. However, it is not a tough job to clean a bedroom. With some bedroom cleaning tips from a Dallas maid service, you can keep your room sparkling clean.
How To Clean a Bedroom
- Declutter: You do not want to clutter your room with all type of stuff. The items that don’t belong to your room should find a new space. For example, instead of throwing dirty clothes here and there, keep them in the laundry or in a hamper. Put a hamper where you get undressed. Toss your clothes there instead of throwing them on the floor. This way your bedroom will look better. The pile of magazines on the table is meant to be stacked in the book shelf.
- Remove dust from top to bottom: One of the quick bedroom cleaning tips is to always start clearing dust from the top to the bottom. This will ensure faster cleaning and you do not need to clean up an area twice. What’s more, you can always pick up an old pillow cover to clean the fan blades or dust the table.
- Throw out trash regularly: When bathroom cleaning tops your mind, it’s always a good idea to have a garbage basket in each room. This ensures that you can throw out trash and other unneeded stuff. However, you must also ensure that you empty the basket every day. Getting garbage out is the best way to avoid spills or soiling linens while cleaning.
- Don’t eat in the room: One of the best tips to keep your bedroom clean is to avoid eating there. When you drink or eat in your bedroom, you send out an open invitation to bacteria and insects. Food particles are tempting enough for insects to visit your bedroom. What’s more, you can end up with a collection of bowls, spoons, and glasses here and there. With food sticking to the utensils, it is an invitation for bugs and ants to your sleeping arena. The dining is the place to eat and drink. When you choose to eat in the dining, you do not have to worry about uninvited guests. Doesn’t that sound like an easy way to clean a bedroom?
- Use tongs to clean blinds: Blinds collect a lot of dirt and dust. Cleaning them is a hassle. A quick bedroom cleaning tip is to put your tongs to use for cleaning purpose. Simply wrap a microfiber piece around the tongs, securing with an elastic band, and you have a DIY blinds cleaner. Next, you need to fill a small bowl with an equal amount of water and vinegar and dip a microfiber cloth in the bowl. This is one of the most efficient ways to clean blinds.
- Wipe clean the nightstand: It is a good bedroom cleaning tip to use a moist cloth to clear up the dust and wipe clean the nightstand, mirror top, and other accessories with a moist cloth. Using decorative baskets is a better way to organize things on the nightstand. Keep a basket handy for stacking your books on a lower shelf. A candle with a lamp looks good on the top shelf.
- Vacuum floor: The space under the bed attracts dirt. The same goes for the space behind the furniture. Use your vacuum cleaner to clear it up all. One of the things you might forget when you focus on bedroom cleaning is the space under the furniture. You never know what’s hidden beneath. So for a deep cleaning experience, you might want to vacuum under the bed and any other piece of furniture.
- Clean the wood dresser: Cleaning the dresser is a breeze with a glass of flat beer. Stale beer works as an excellent furniture cleaning solution. Dampen a soft cloth and then wipe it onto your wood furniture. Follow it up by wiping clean with a dry cloth and it will shine. Clean your mirror of hairspray stains with a few drops of rubbing alcohol. Finish it off with a homemade vinegar and water solution for that sparkle finish.
- Deep clean the mattress: Cleaning of your bed is incomplete unless you clean the mattress and rugs. Sprinkle baking soda over the mattress and leave it undisturbed for an hour. Then all you need to do is to vacuum clean to dry it out. Additionally, rotating your mattress is a good idea to reduce body impressions and prolong its life.
- Get rid of the dirt on windows: Your bedroom windows are the favorite place for dirt. You can see dirt stuck in the window tracks. Cleaning it might seem like a hassle. But with a homemade cleaning solution with some baking soda and vinegar, you can get rid of the grime easily. Pour the solution on the grime. When it starts to bubble, just scrub it off with a toothbrush. Wipe clean the residue with a rag and you will have a sparkling clean window.
These quick bedroom cleaning tips can come in handy when you want a sparkling clean personal space without spending too much of your time and effort. Keeping a bedroom clean is easy if you focus on all the little things to keep your room organized.