Life with a toddler… It can be hectic at times! It gets even more hectic when you’re a full time work-at-home mom with an active toddler. Sometimes I just want to scream. But I know that my family relies on me in a big way, and I need to pull it all together. There’s nothing wrong with seeking help – especially when help can come from nature itself.
I was excited recently to get to know Amber Nordstrom who sells essential oils. She helped me get started with incorporating some basic oils in my day to day life, to help me calm down, focus, and sleep at night, despite all the stress surrounding me. In her own words:
“We know just how crazy life can be at times. With having a son in preschool and a soon to be toddler, we understand how it’s hard to maintain balance with all that life throws at you! Unfortunately most people are in the same boat, completely out of balance. Yet there is an advantage that we, as a family have, that most don’t… essential oils. Our goal is to bring an understanding of just how valuable these oils are and the impact that they can have on you and your family in a natural way without all the scary side effects of modern medicine.”
Imagine if you can take a magical elixir out of your pocket, give it some whiffs and almost immediately feel less stressed. No need to imagine – our sense of smell is that powerful! Lavender is possibly the most famous, as stress-melting, relaxing oil. I’ve always been a fan of lavender-scented scrubs and rubs to help melt my stress. So why not go pure and straight to the source?
Essential Oils in real life:
- My baby and I have some things in common. One of our most prominent similarities is our inability to settle down enough to sleep. Rubbing a couple of drops of lavender essential oil into the bottom of our feet helps us relax.
- When my toddler’s naptime finally comes around, I often am out of energy from chasing him. Yet, those are my prime hours for getting housework and blog work out of the way. I rub a drop of peppermint essential oil in my hands and inhale, allowing myself to be invigorated.
- Peppermint essential oil also helps with my frequent pounding headaches. I massage a few drops into my temples.
- Sometimes, I feel down, when I don’t accomplish everything I had planned. Inhaling a drop of lemon essential oil helps lift my mood. The grounding blend helps me stay sane among the chaos that day-to-day life brings.
- My favorite oil is the Wild Orange! I can’t get enough of the smell! Plus, it invigorates me as I go about my day. I hope to make myself a perfume or body mist with this.
- I tend to catch all sorts of things, due to lack of sleep causing my immune system to be compromised. The protective blend beadlets help support my immune system using nature, and only nature!
Connect with Amber Nordstrom:
This product was received from the Company for review purposes only. All thoughts and words in this post is my own and I was not paid to endorse it. I am only voicing my opinion about this product.