Check out these tasty Wish-Bone® One Bowl Salads. I have a feeling you’ll be adding these two delicious dishes to your recipe roster. Both are simple, fulfilling, easy to make and perfect for any day. Now I told you in a recent post that I am doing a 30 day meatless meal challenge with nothing but salads and veggies, but when I saw these two salads with chicken I had to include them to my 3o day challenge!
Let’s talk about the One Bowl Wonder: Italian Cabbage & Chicken Salad.
Now, I love cooking chicken and I’m always seeking to find new meals to whip up for the family. This is one I’m sure I will be creating soon, not sure if the kids will enjoy the cabbage but hey, we shall see! Preparing a dish like this will take no time actually 15 minutes. I wish I had seen this dish before this past weekend, I would have served it to my guest with a nice piece of Italian bread! YUM, Right!
From the looks of things, cooking time will take at least 25 minutes. First you’ll need all the ingredients listed below:
16 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 3/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, divided
- 12 oz. Tyson® Grilled & Ready Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips, prepared according to package directions
- 4 cups shredded Napa or Savoy cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
Next, preheat oven to 425°F., toss brussels sprouts, butternut squash and ¼ cup Italian dressing in large bowl. Arrange in shallow roasting pan and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and starting to brown. Combine roasted vegetables with chicken and remaining ingredients in large bowl.
Drizzle with remaining dressing and toss to coat and serve, serving size up to 4. If you have a larger family just add more ingredients other than that, you’re ready to enjoy!
This recipe was also inspired by Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, it’s called the One Bowl Wonder: Mediterranean Whole Grain Grilled Chicken Salad
Oooh la la, I’m hungry already just by looking at this salad. This flavorful, fresh salad needs no introduction, it’s like the moment you feast your eyes on this dish you’ll be running to the store fast and in a hurry to grab all your ingredients!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Ingredients Serves 4
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or faro
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- ¼ cup thinly sliced sundried tomatoes (marinated in oil)
- ¼ cup oil cured olives (optional)
- ¼ cup parsley leaves (optional)
- 12 oz. Tyson® Fully Cooked Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips, prepared according to package directions
- 2 whole wheat pita breads, cut into quarters
- Toss all ingredients, except Chicken and pita breads in large bowl.
- Evenly divide rice mixture between 4 dinner plates and top with Chicken.
- Serve with pita wedges. Drizzle, if desired, with additional dressing.