The Selk’bag is NOT Your Ordinary Sleeping Bag!
Inspired by the lost Selk’nam natives of Tierra del Fuego, Chile, the Selk’bag has a rich history of innovation, technical proficiency, and worldwide recognition from its creation in 2006 through today. What is a Selk’bag? A Selk’bag is essentially a wearable, human-shaped sleeping bag…and it’s awesome! Our customers love us for the comfort, warmth and versatility of the Selk’bag and how it allows them to experience these qualities virtually anywhere, awake or asleep!
The Selk’bag comes in a number of different sizes (and colors) for both kids and adults, to insure the most comfortable safe fit.” Featuring removable booties, a kangaroo pocket, and a redesigned shape.” Besides the 5G Original, 5G Kids model, 5G Lite (which weighs 10% less than the 5G Adult) and Patagon models, there is a Marvel series for the wanna be super heroes!
I received a 5G Original Selk’bag in Evergreen, for one of my sons-in-law. He is a real outdoors-man and I’m sure he will get years and years of enjoyment from it. I am truly impressed at just how light weight it is…just 4.1 lbs. (size large). I would imagine that he won’t just be sleeping in it, as he is an avid snowboarder. The sizing chart made it easy to figure out which is right for him.
Each Slek’bag come in its own matching carrying sack.
Key Features 5G Original:
• Zip-off booties so you can wear your own shoes when active, or the booties when sleeping
• Better two-dimensional, anatomical fit for increased comfort and lighter weight
• A kangaroo-style pocket in the front so you can rest your arms or your stuff easily accessible
• Leg vents help to regulate temperature for times when you get too warm
• Baffled construction helps to eliminate cold spots
• A soft nylon shell with ripstop with a water resistant finish (DWR)
• Double front entry-zippers make for quick entry
• An insulated hood for added warmth
• Thermal collar around the head and neck to prevent drafts
• Exaggerated draft tubes to stop heat loss around zippers
• Redesigned zipper tape prevents snags
• A convenient carry sack for compact portability
Selk’bag has just launched a Kickstarter.
This product was received from the Company for review purposes only. All thoughts and words in this post is my own and I was not paid to endorse it. I am only voicing my opinion about this product.