Having a tablet that incorporates full laptop functionality is more than just a bonus. In my book, it’s an essential. Instead of having a separate device for every purpose – a mobile phone, a tablet, a laptop, and a desktop, combining some of those into a single device is easier on your wallet, your resources, and your space.
The challenge is a big one. A laptop needs to have full, easy usability, while a tablet needs to be super portable and lightweight. I’ve struck gold with the Surface Pro 3!
“Featuring a gorgeous 12-inch display encased in a sleek magnesium frame, Surface Pro 3 is the thinnest and lightest in our Pro family. Refined to its essential elements, Surface Pro 3 is as beautiful as it is functional so you can stay productive from anywhere. Just slip it into your bag or backpack and go.”
The sleek, elegant design is ahead of it’s time and magnificent. It features a keyboard cover, that is so thin it hardly adds bulk! The thin tipped stylus allows you to write and draw naturally, eliminating the need for a drawing tablet completely. It runs all the Microsoft programs you need, just like your laptop would. And the kickstand allows you to prop it like a laptop, giving you options so you can have it at the angle you need.
One of the most important features of a tablet is its portability. Seriously -who wants to lug around bricks? It can ruin your travels! The truth is, a laptop should really weigh little as well! The Surface Pro 3 is featherweight at only 2.4 lbs with the cover attached! No more weighted laptop cases!
Features and Specs of the Surface Pro 3:
- Runs Windows 8.1 Pro
- Dimensions: 11.50 x 7.93 x 0.36 in
- Silver colored magnesium casing
- Physical volume, power, and home buttons
- Available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB hard drive sizes and 4-8GB of RAM
- 12″ ClearType Full HD Display screen with a resolution of 2160 x 1440
- Multitouch screen
- Processor options (depending on memory size) are Intel i3, i5, or i7, all 4th generation
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy technology
- Both front and rear facing cameras are 5MP and 1080p
- Front and rear facing mircophones
- Stereo speakers feature Dolby Audio-enhanced sound
- Long battery life with up to 9 hours of web browsing
- Full size USB 3.0 port
- Micro SD card reader
- Sensors include: Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer
The Surface Pro 3 is the solution I’ve been waiting for! It can take me from my entertainment, to work seamlessly. It’s portable enough for travel, and fully featured enough for home. Plus, it’s amazing to have all those features I normally miss when I’m on the go! It is modern, sleek and reliable. Finally, it’s here – a tablet that can honestly replace my laptop!
This product was received from the Company for review purposes only. All thoughts and words in this post is my own and I was not paid to endorse it. I am only voicing my opinion about this product.