I was so excited to give my Mother In Law, and 2 time breast cancer survivor, one of the Carpet One Breast Cancer Awareness Rugs. This rug means a lot to her. She has it proudly displayed in her home, and tells everyone she got it from me. She said it’s a great reminder to keep checking the “tatas” for lumps.
Even though last month was Breast Cancer Awareness month, that doesn’t mean we can forget about checking our breasts the other 11 months of the year. We have to remember to check.
My Mother In Law’s first encounter with Breast Cancer was in 2010, she had gone to the doctor in November, 2009, and she was clear. She did a self exam in February, 2010, and found a lump. I just want you to realize how fast it can appear.
Carpet One has found a way to honor those who are survivors, or were lost to the tragic illness. These rugs are so stylish too. And, have the Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon right on there.
Carpet One wants us to Join The Fight:
- Annual screening mammography beginning at age 40.
- Breast self-examination is optional but beneficial. Women who choose to do breast self-examination should receive instruction from their health providers.
- Clinical breast examination every three years for women in their 20s and 30s, and annually for women aged 40 and older.
Did you know?
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- 1 in every 1,000 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
Disclaimer: This product was received from the Company for review purposes only. All thoughts and words in this post is my own and I was not paid to endorse it. I am only voicing my opinion about this product.