I love to garden, but I hate the heat that comes along with the hard work of outdoor gardening. I’m also a foodie, cooking is my thing and I love to experiment with different recipes! Using different herbs in my dishes is exciting to me. The problem is, I like to use fresh herbs, and unfortunately when I buy them at the super market, they tend to go bad before I can use them all. The great thing about the AeroGarden ULTRA is you can grow seven different plants at the same time! In my home we use a lot of tomatoes, peppers and cilantro all of which can be grown in the AeroGarden ULTRA at the same time.
For me, the Aerogarden is a necessity. Frankly I don’t know how I’ve lived without one all these years. Right now in my Aerogarden I’m growing Cilantro, Mint, Dill, Thyme, Garlic Chives, Italian parsley and Oregano. Because I have a deep passion for gardening and I live in the Midwest where the harsh winters prevent year-round gardening it makes sense to garden indoors. Over the years I’ve tried to produce an indoor garden and have failed miserably every time! My dad had a green thumb, he could grow anything anywhere. He didn’t pass that down to me, I’m a plant killer! Not long ago I purchased a cilantro plant, fully grown and beautiful, in two days it was DEAD!. Since I’ve been using the Aerogarden ULTRA, my plants are growing like crazy and the best part is, I really don’t have to do anything. Every two weeks I feed it a package of nutrients and that’s it.
While I’m only growing herbs at the present, I plan to add a second and third AeroGarden to my kitchen. In order to be able to grown all the plants I want, and year-round. The next two AeroGardens I’m going to add is one that houses tomatoes and peppers. Ideally, I’d like to keep one for just herbs and a second for the tomatoes and peppers. In addition, I love fresh flowers. AeroGarden has wide selection of flowers you can grow as well. You can grow your own full-sized vegetables, herbs, flowers, salad mixes and more, year round and in the comfort of your home, with these fully automated AeroGarden indoor gardens.
The new AeroGarden ULTRA holds seven pods, has a MyGarden control panel which makes indoor gardening fool proof. It also has MaxGrow Grow Lights and aluminum reflectors. In all, it has over 100 new improvements!
The Ultra germinates faster and more reliably, delivers more light to young plants, grows larger plants more easily and delivers greater yields and fruit sets than any other garden in our line. Features:
- MyGarden Control Panel automatically controls all growing functions
- Easy “QuickPlant” settings or complete customization of all critical garden functions
- Our tallest garden yet – more than twice the height of the original AeroGarden 7 for growing bigger plants better. Still perfect for herbs and lettuce, too
- On-screen clock makes changing light on/off settings easy.
- Onboard “GardenCoach” displays timely tips that teach users to become better gardeners every time they grow
- Twice the light of the AG7 and now with MaxGrow Grow Lights for even greater luminosity
- Advanced users can easily customize all critical garden functions, including lights, nutrient cycle, and pump cycle
- Germination mode increases seed germination rates
- High Growth mode automatically increases oxygen and nutrient flow to fast-growing plants
- Easy to set 24 hour light cycles for seedlings or enhanced vegetative growth
- Includes new trellis system offering a wide variety of plant support options
- Improved reminder system including audio alerts for nutrients and water
- Detailed dashboard notes all critical garden info in one place
- Improved lamp hood, reflectors and lamp arm for greater growth, easier adjustment