Cold, Smooth, and Fresh…Graeter’s Ice Cream
We love ice cream, and as a result I’ve been working on a recipe for an ice cream dessert, and I think you will love it. Introducing the star of the show… Black Raspberry French Pot Graeter’s Ice Cream, which is put in between two yummy cookies for a great ice cream sandwich.
Confession time – I had a berry ice cream sandwich a couple of months ago while waiting for a ferry boat in Seattle. It was so good that I wanted to make my own, but had not found the right flavor of ice cream until I tried the Black Raspberry, which was sent by Graeter’s (along with five other flavors of ice cream for sampling) to my front door.
About Graeter’s Ice Cream
Graeter’s Ice Cream produces craft ice cream and gelato lines using a small batch, artisanal method of production dating back over a century. Having won the hearts of ice cream enthusiasts across the country as well as the respect of the nation’s most influential foodies., the Cincinnati-based company remains family owned and operated and continues to handcraft ice cream 2½ gallons at a time.
Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Recipe is from McCormick and is the perfect pairing for the ice cream.)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Begin by preheating oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and almond extract; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate and almonds.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
After cooling place a half to a whole scoop of Graeter’s Ice Cream (depending on size of cookie) on cookie and top with another. Wrap each in wax paper, and chill until set. Place hardened cookies into a plastic bag and keep in freezer until you are ready to serve.
Want to share sweet treats with family and friends, but without going through all the trouble of baking and assembling yourself? Grater’s Ice Cream’s got you covered. They will ship not only pints of ice cream, but they also ship their ice cream cookies – Wheelies!
Enjoy Graeter’s this holiday season!
This product was received from the Company for review purposes only. All thoughts and words in this post is my own and I was not paid to endorse it. I am only voicing my opinion about this product.