If you haven’t heard of the Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat, you are in for the luxury of car seats! This is one fancy car seat and full of safety features. My granddaughter is 5 1/2 years old, but she is a small 5 1/2. She seems too old for the car seat she had before this new one, but yet not big enough for a booster. This car seat recommends not graduating to the booster size until your child is at least 50 pounds; which Emma is not.
What I love about this Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat.
- Don’t let the size fool you, this car seat fits comfortably rear-facing children from 5-49 lbs in your vehicle. This way you can decide how long you want them rear-facing. It won’t impede their leg room and it will fit nicely without crowding the front passenger. An ‘infant’ base is included in housing the car seat properly.
- Also, you can choose if you would like for your little one forward-facing it is safe for children 20 – 80 lbs in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 120 lbs.
- What I love about this car seat is you only have to buy 1 that will cover all 3 stages. Infant, toddler, child and they will have comfort in every stage.
- The full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides provide unmatched safety. This was one of the selling points that impressed me and felt important to me. I love the fact that my grandchild is in the safest car seat I have seen.
- Another example of how much this car seat impresses me is that it is NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions!
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort (that is not pictured as Emma is too old for it but I will make sure to include a picture.)
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- Safestop® energy-absorbing harness
- Additional forward-facing rest positions to accommodate different types of shaped vehicle seats, 12-position adjustable headrest, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- LATCH installation
- Additional set of harness pads included so you can use when your child is over 65 lbs in the 5-point harness
- I love the expandable sides and long seat bottom allows proper leg support, especially if your child has to sit for a long amount of time on a trip.
- Low-sitting profile makes it easy for your child to board
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- The cover is machine washable and dryable, which is very important if your child is like Emma and enjoys snacking while riding along.
- Rubber bottom grips for non-slip installation
- It also has a life of 10 years.
The picture below Emma is in a Jeep to give you an idea of the size of the vehicle. There is still room to fit 2 more in this back seat with her carseat which I think is very impressive. No more worries about making sure the car seats will all fit in one row.
This car seat comes 4 colors:
- Shadow (the one I received)
You can view the actual colors by clicking on the little color swatch and it will turn the bigger image of the car seat to that color. It is the safest car seat that I have seen, you will agree when you get one for yourself!
You can also purchase their carry straps (sold separately) for hands-free travel.
You can also follow them on their social media!
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. However, I did receive a product from the company below and the opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC guidelines