Honey, a product made by bees, has been around for a long time. It is a natural sugar alternative and many people say that it has an indefinite shelf life because it does not spoil. It seems that as early as 2100 B.C., people have already discovered the use of honey as a sweetener.
Nowadays, it is more than just a sugar alternative. It also presents many health benefits. A variety of the best manuka honey is one of those products that many people are gushing over due to its many benefits. Here are some of the reasons that make Manuka honey different from others.
- It has a stronger antibiotic effect – Not all honey is the same, and one element found in manuka honey that is not found in others is methyglyoxal (MG). While you can find in most types of honey, it will only have small quantities. With manuka honey, you will find a higher concentration of MG, which results in a stronger effect similar to antibiotics.
- It is perfect for healing your wound – One of the best things about honey is that it can help treat wounds. You can even use it for burns while others use it for other skin conditions like herpes lesions and even psoriasis. Not only does honey have antibiotic effects, but it also has anti-inflammatory effects making it perfect in treating all sorts of wounds. Studies have shown as much as 43.3% success in wound treatment. Even better, you can use it to treat diabetic ulcers.
- It can help prevent tooth decay – Many people suffer from dental disease, with recent findings from the CDC saying as many as 50% of Americans suffer. Oral bacteria cause tooth decay and unhealthy gums. With manuka honey, the harmful bacteria in your mouth will vanish, and only the good bacteria will stay, thereby keeping your mouth, teeth, and gums healthy. It may be doubtful given that honey is sweet and we always associate sweets with cavities. But manuka honey is not like unrefined sugar. It does not cause tooth decay so it is safe to consume for oral health.
- You can use it for better digestive health – Are you suffering from stomach ulcers? The good news is that manuka honey will be very beneficial for you. If you have irritable bowel syndrome, you can also alleviate symptoms like constipation and the like by taking manuka honey.
- It can also be beneficial for your skin – Do you want your skin to have a healthy glow? The good thing about quality manuka honey is that they are rich in antioxidants. We all know how antioxidants are good for your skin.
You can do more research to find out about the other benefits of manuka honey and what makes it different from other types. It’s also important that you only buy the best products. There are many variants of manuka honey from pure honey, lip balms, and even toothpaste.