There are few maintenance systems at home which are very much full of troubles and may hinder with the work of the house owners. And one such problem is clogged or slow drain. Such a clogging restricts the use of the various things in the house which may be basins, sinks, showers, tubs, disposers, laundry washing machines and the dishwashers. Due to the crippling in the work of these things, the lifestyle of the home becomes very miserable. In such time the process of drain cleaning is very much needed so as to have a good and peaceful life. Due to this, the water may be pushed up back and may cause stinking of the basins and even cause a further disruption in the regular routine of the household. These blockages may be caused by many reasons and sometimes these could be very tragic. So various methods should be used so as to clean them and get rid of those problems so that the life of the house goes on without any disruption.
There are many a ways for drain cleaning and here are given a few so as to give some knowledge to you about the process of cleaning the drain.
Low impact drain cleaning:
This is one of the greatest secrets of plumbers. This process could unclog a large number of the common drains of the household and almost all of the slow moving drains. This process includes these things:
- Pour about 1 cup of the baking soda along the drain which must be followed by the same amount of the hot vinegar. The vinegar can be heated in the microwave oven or any heating device.
- Wait for about five minutes and then pour about 2 quarts of the boiling water. The water can be hot water from the tap or the best way is that you could have some water heated in the kettle and then pour into the drain. For better results this should be done for about 2 to 3 times.
Household method of drain cleaning:
- For this method you must pour about 1 cup of the baking soda and about 1/2 cup of the table salt down the drain.
- This mixture should be left in the drain for several hours to show its magic or maybe even could be left overnight so as to have the best result.
- Then you must pour some hot water which could again be the same hot water tap or the water from the kettle which should be heated. To have the better result you must repeat it for 4 to 5 times.
- One of the best methods for drain cleaning is the use of chemicals. These are readily available at any hardware store, some home improvement centers or in the supermarket and even they are marketed under some brand names. They generally come in liquid or in the crystal form and will really help you to get your drain cleaned.
Kevin Cole is a blogger writing anything also loves to share his ideas with fellow bloggers.