Having a media kit on your blog is essential if want to monetize your blog. A blog media kit is used by potential advertisers.
Make you media kit as well as your blog professional as well as organized. Most advertiser will want to download your media kit. You can learn how to make a downloaded file here.
How to write your own blog media kit?
Some suggestions when writing your media kit
- Keep your word count to a minimum
- Make sub-headings
- Don’t veer off the subject, keep it one idea per paragraph
- Use bullets
- Highlight important facts
What should be included in the blog media kit?
The blog media kit should provide your potential advertisers with immediate access to
- Key demographics
- Key traffic information
- Contact details
- Advertising rates
Update your media kit information often. Accuracy is important. Your blog traffic is subject to change at all times.
- Give your blog description, again keep the word count low
- Explain your blogs value
- Offer your blogs general content
- Who are your readers
- How many subscribers do you have
- How many Facebook, twitter, GFC followers do you have
- Do you have a newsletters
- Show where you’ve been featured
- Who links into your blog
- Your Google Page Rank
- Your Alexa Page Rank
- Google Analytics
- Where have you done Guest Post
Search engine rankings
What are the top search keywords for you blog? Find out what keywords are used that land readers on your site and add a list of keywords to your media kit.
Advertising options / rates
Take a screenshot of your blog, place ad spots on it including size and rates so that potential advertisers can get a glimpse of your rates and space.
Add your contact information.