As much as you like to do everything for your family to keep them safe and away from possible people or situations that may hurt them, there are still things beyond your control. Your spouse, children, parents, and grandparents, and other family members are all at risk of different types of negligence and recklessness.
Traffic accidents, workplace injury, nursing home abuse, and product defect are just some of the examples of tort or personal injury cases that your loved ones could possibly experience. And in cases like these, it’s important to seek legal help from a personal injury lawyer.
This post will cover how a personal injury lawyer can help your family.
Legal Advocate: Provides Personal Injury Education
As a legal advocate, a personal injury lawyer provides legal advice as to the next steps you can do if one of your family members experience negligence or abuse. There are important things to ask a personal injury lawyer to ensure that your rights are safeguarded, such as the amount of possible compensation you can get from the damages caused by a nursing home abuse or a workplace injury.
Here are the other topics that a personal injury lawyer can discuss with you when it comes to a tort or personal injury case:
- Best way to report negligence and abuse, such as medical malpractice and nursing home abuse
- Possible settlement arrangement or offer
- Length of time and possible delays in the outcome of the case
- All possible legal options
- Legal representation of the case in court
- Communication with credit companies to avoid harassing collection calls
Rights Defender: Represents Your Personal Injury Case
Your personal injury lawyer can help you and your family seek justice by defending your rights and best interest in a personal injury case. For example, a personal injury lawyer can help you get the maximum compensation you should be rewarded for the medical expenses in treating your physical injuries and emotional trauma or pain and suffering brought about by a car accident.
Here’s how a personal injury lawyer can defend you and your family:
- Gather all possible evidence to prove the validity and applicability of your case before the insurance company and the court. For instance, a personal injury lawyer can investigate if the school’s management failed to comply with policy and safety protocols to keep students safe, which resulted in your child getting bullied or hurt in school.
- Negotiate with the insurance company regarding the maximum amount of compensation that should be given to you based on the severity of the injuries, psychological impacts, insurance coverage, and the person who is at fault.
- Contact your debtors and collection agencies to notify them about your situation, so you stop receiving harassing calls. Your lawyer can request the suspension of all collection activities while your case is still being resolved.
Social Media Stopper: Create a Legal Request to Hide Posts
Remember that whatever you say in a social media post can reveal your state of mind and a lot of your activities. If you’re claiming serious injuries, but your recent tweet is about travel, like mountain climbing, skiing, or biking after the accident, your social media post can be used against you. The insurance company could reduce or deny your claim because of this social media evidence.
A personal injury lawyer can put a hold on social media pages, such as Facebook and Twitter. Don’t just rely on your social media account’s privacy settings. Keep everything private and never disclose any updates about the case in social media.
Situation Analyst: Helps in Decision-making Based on Your Situation
A personal injury case can drain your finances, most especially if you paid the medical expenses out of your pocket while still waiting for the result of your claim. Because of this, most victims immediately accept the settlement offer to cover current expenses without knowing the financial consequences in the future.
A personal injury lawyer can help you analyze your current situation and lets you clearly think of the best course of action that you have to take. For instance, if you or your loved one has been injured in the workplace, a personal injury attorney can help you determine whether or not to accept the worker’s compensation benefit or take the matter in court if the employer or the insurance company seem not to give you what is fair and right.
If you or your loved one is a victim of negligence or abuse, contacting a personal injury lawyer must be your first course of action. A personal injury lawyer acts as your legal advocate, rights defender, social media stopper, and situation analyst so you can make the best decision for a personal injury case that is affecting your family.