Cooberry is a new free website where children ages 4 to 12 can be entertained for 5 minutes each day through storytelling, eBooks, animations and fun facts. The site is designed to stimulate a child’s interest in reading as well as their vivid imagination.
November 4, 2014 – Cooberry is a new free entertainment website designed just for children ages 4 to 12 where for five minutes every day they can have their imaginations stimulated while encouraging a love for reading.
Cooberry.com is named after a special fruit that grows on a hidden island in the Pacific Ocean – Cooberry Island. This wonderful fruit is said to “coo” in the ear “eat me, eat me.” Children will enjoy whimsical stories and animation featuring the adventures of the various talking animals – JJ, Ace and Kate – which live on the mystical island of Cooberry. Other characters will be introduced as new stories and animations are added.
There are numerous educational benefits to storytelling for kids:
- It is a great way to educate pre-readers and enhance the length of their attention span for learning.
- It enhances memory and imagination.
- It teaches morals and positive behavior – right from wrong.
- It helps connect concepts and ideas and their relationship to past, present and future.
- It helps children to open up and feel more confident and relaxed.
- Storytelling enables kids to think about telling or writing their own stories – thereby encouraging reading and writing.
- Repeated stories help children remember better – and they find familiarity with any repeated story comforting in times of stress.
Cooberry.com is compatible with PC or Mac – desktop, laptops and iPad but it is not compatible with mobile devices at this time. Visit Cooberry and see for yourself.