CBD or Cannabidiol is an extract derived from cannabis plants or hemp. CBD is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties and for treating epilepsy, anxiety, and insomnia. CBD also has soothing properties and is an anti-aging agent. Hence, it is great for hair growth when added to any haircare beauty routine.
Forms of CBD
CBD is commonly available in the form of CBD edibles oil which can be applied on hair or can be included in our diet. Consumption of full-spectrum hemp oil optimizes the chance for fuller and longer growing hair. CBD edible oil is also available in the form of capsules and tinctures. Some companies have also introduced CBD-infused multivitamins in the form of fruit-flavored and chewy gummy drops which helps in growing hair. Micro-Encapsulated CBD can be directly applied to the hair follicle to ensure healthy growth of hair.
How CBD is good for growing hair?
CBD is rich in amino acids, fatty acids, and antioxidants. All these are essential nutrients for healthy hair.
- Amino acids are building blocks of protein that are useful in strengthening and growing hair and hair follicles. Hair is mainly made of keratin which is a protein. It also plays an important role in RBC production which supplies nutrients and oxygen to hair follicles.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are very important for hair growth. Our body does not produce these fatty acids and hence, it is important to acquire them from an outside source. CBD edibles oil which is a rich source of fatty acid called gamma-linolenic acid proves to be very useful on growing hair out.
- CBD oil is rich in antioxidants like vitamin E, vitamin A, calcium, and magnesium which helps in keeping the hair shiny and vibrant.
Benefits of CBD Edible Oil
- As CBD edibles oil is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids, it nourishes the scalp and helps in growing hair.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids improve the quality of the scalp tissue and enhance hair growth.
- It helps in strengthening and fortifying the hair.
- The vitamins present in CBD edibles oil protects hair from environmental damage.
- It provides moisture to the scalp and seals the cuticle.
- The anti-inflammatory property of CBD helps in treating scalp conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and dry, flaky scalp.
- It helps in balancing the natural production of sebum.
How to include CBD in daily hair care routine
- Consumption of CBD edibles daily.
- Applying CBD oil to the scalp 2-3 times a week.
- Washing Hair with CBD Shampoo and applying CBD conditioner or moisturizer regularly.
- CBD Scalp therapy can improve the health of the scalp.
Products made of CBD
Various products are available in the market that contains CBD. It can be edible or can be directly applied to the scalp.
- CBD Edibles:These are consumable products usually available in the form of gummy drops or capsules.
- CBD Oil:This can be applied directly to the scalp to ensure healthy and growing hair.
- CBD Shampoo: The shampoo is sulfate-free and rich in nutrients. It gently cleans the hair from roots to end. This adds shine to the hair and helps in reducing hair breakage.
- CBD Conditioner: Along with CBD, it also contains tea tree oil, avocado, and eucalyptus. The combination gives soft and silky hair. It also helps in reducing the breakage of hair.
- CBD Detangler Plus: It comes in the form of spray and prevents hair from getting damaged from the effects of hot tools. It makes the hair look healthy, vibrant, and shiny.
- CBD Serum:It gets absorbed quickly and makes hair smoother, shinier, and manageable.
CBD has been found to be beneficial in growing hair. Research has suggested that CBD edibles are found to be more beneficial than CBD oil. But, it is completely the user’s choice.