There is no time in your life when good health and nutrition is more important than during pregnancy. As your body is supporting a life beyond your own, you want to make sure that you are getting all of the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that you need. While a healthy diet is of the utmost importance during this time in your life, you should also include a comprehensive prenatal vitamin into your daily routine. There are many, many benefits of prenatal vitamins for both mothers and their babies.
Benefits of Prenatal Vitamins for Mothers
- Prevents calcium deficiencies – The development of a baby in-utero requires a lot of calcium. If a mother’s diet is not high enough in calcium, her own stores may be depleted. This can cause a myriad of health issues for expectant moms.
- Prevents anemia – Iron is another major component in the development of a baby. When there isn’t enough iron, anemia can set in, which causes fatigue, dizziness, heart palpitations, and other symptoms.
- Continued nutritional support during nursing – Mothers who choose to breastfeed their babies should continue the use of prenatal vitamins for the extra vitamins and minerals they need for healthy milk production.
Benefits of Prenatal Vitamins for Babies
- Smaller risk of birth defects – Good prenatal vitamins include folic acid. Research shows that this B vitamin reduces the risk of several birth defects, including neural tube defects, spina bifida, and many more.
- Less likely to be born pre-term – Babies are directly affected by any medical conditions that their mothers experience during pregnancy. Anemia, hypertension, pre-eclampsia, and other conditions that can result in a pre-term birth may be able to be prevented by prenatal vitamins.
These are just a handful of the benefits of prenatal vitamins that expectant and lactating mothers and their babies can experience. However, it’s important to know what is in your prenatal vitamins to ensure that you are getting the most out of them.
Pharmacist Dr. Henry Dunklau created Dr. Henry’s Prenatal Plus Vitamins in order to provide his patients with a high-quality supplement that contains all of the necessary vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to support pregnancy and lactation. The ingredients include methylfolate, considered to be the highest quality form of folic acid. Their carefully formulated blend includes a vegetable digestive enzyme complex, making it gentle on the stomach while ensuring maximum absorption.
Prenatal Plus only contains the highest quality 100% natural and organic ingredients. The formulation is non-GMO and hypoallergenic, making it a great choice for those who have allergies and sensitivities. Additionally, it is a gluten-free product and meets the requirements of a vegan or vegetarian diet.
Interested in giving Dr. Henry’s a try? Save 25% off your purchase of Dr. Henry’s Prenatal Plus Vitamins on Amazon! Use the code 25henrys at checkout.
Dr. Henry’s is also giving away 4 $25 Amazon gift cards to some of our lucky readers! Enter below!