If you are worried about climate change or the impact that we are having on the planet- you are not alone. In fact, it’s more important than ever that we each play our part in taking care of the planet by making sustainable changes in our daily lives. One way you can achieve this goal is by making your home more environmentally friendly – setting a great example for your kids when doing so.
With that in mind, here are some simple tips that you can use to ensure your home is as eco-friendly as possible.
- Teach your children the importance of taking care of the planet. As a parent, there are many lessons that we must teach our children that they will carry with them into adulthood – make being eco-conscious one of them. There are various ways in which you can teach your children to be eco-conscious at home. For example, you could ensure they know about the importance of recycling as much as possible – so that they don’t accidentally throw away products that could be reused and recycled.
- Switch to renewable energy. Switching to a renewable energy source, such as Solar Panels, is another great way to make your home more eco-friendly. Furthemore, you’ll also notice a decrease in your monthly energy bills as a result – making this switch a win-win. Furthermore, thanks to the effort of companies such as choosesolar.com, gaining access to renewable energy has never been easier or cheaper – making it a sustainable option for families across the country.
- Update your cleaning practices. Many of the cleaning products that currently sit in your cupboards contain harsh chemicals and toxins that could be damaging your planet. As a result, you should try to switch to more sustainable products or even make your own. For example, you can create a powerful cleaning spray using lemon juice! Just about every item of your home can be cleaned in a more sustainable way – for example, there are plenty of eco-friendly carpet cleaning methods out there for you to try.
- Grow your fruit and veg. Supermarkets and the increased demand for certain products also play a role in climate change. However, you can help to reduce this by skipping a trip to the grocery store in favor of growing your own fruits and vegetables instead. To do so, you simply need to make sure that you take care of your garden and start small. The easiest plants to grow are tomatoes, potatoes, and onions.
- Hang your clothes out to dry. There are also plenty of small changes you can make to your daily routine that will make your home much more eco-friendly. For example, instead of running clothes through the dryer after washing them – hang them up to dry. While this may take a little longer, it’s better for the planet AND your clothes – as it reduces the chances of them shrinking or getting damaged. It will also help you cut down on your energy bill.