Are you thinking of having a cosmetic laser procedure done soon? If it is not much you don’t know about the cosmetic laser procedure, read on below for some information and knowledge that you should be aware of before you make the investment.
- Laser is actually an acronym – First and foremost, did you know that the word laser is actually an acronym? It actually stands for “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation”. The first laser was built around 1960. It distinguishes itself from other light sources in that it emits light coherently.
- A laser works through selective photothermolysis -How do lasers work then? Especially when it comes to cosmetic procedures? What selective photothermolysis does is that it uses light to produce heat and it is concentrated on an area which needs to be eradicated. An example of laser cosmetic procedure is laser resurfacing. What this does is that layers of the skin are burned away, removing areas damaged by the sun, areas that have fine lines and wrinkles and even color discoloration.
- There are different types of lasers – There are many types of lasers, but for cosmetic procedures, there is the ablative and non-ablative type. The former is for removing layers of skin while the latter is for working deeper into the skin but without removing the outer layers.
- It is very effective in lightening skin and hair removal – As explained above, a laser is very effective when you want to get rid of your fine lines, wrinkles and some discoloration on your skin. Aside from that, it can also tighten your skin and even remove a tattoo you’ve had for a long time. Another very popular cosmetic procedure is laser hair removal. In the same way that the laser burns away the layers of skin with the discoloration, in laser hair removal, the light from the laser penetrates into the skin and destroys the follicles that produce hair.
- You need to make sure that the laser cosmetic procedure is what you need – While a laser is used for many cosmetic procedures, know that it is not the answer for all your cosmetic needs. For example, you want to get rid of your sagging skin, there is no laser procedure that can remedy that. The best answer for sagging skin is surgery. Whatever problem you may have, it is better that you consult a doctor first so that you will know exactly what procedure you will need to undergo in order to remedy your condition.
- You need to find a good doctor – When you have determined that you really need a laser cosmetic procedure, it’s time to find a clinic for you. Finding the right one is very important. You should look at their credentials and years of experience. It’s also important that they have the right equipment. It does not have to be brand new, because there are cosmetic laser sales and service companies that offer quality used machines.