Ensuring anonymity on the Internet is one of the main problems for modern online users. The clients hid IP addresses to visit blocked resources, effectively promote sites, etc. These tasks are often solved by applying proxy servers. Such gateways can ensure privacy, security, as well as lack of restrictions on the Internet.
In numerous cases, the online users select residential (911) SOCKS proxies. Such a VPN has a few versions. Among the existing modifications, the 911 SOCKS 5 stands out for its great popularity. The experts recommend offering this proxy variation in trustworthy companies (e. g., SOAX LTD). Otherwise, there is a huge risk of gaining bad-quality services.
Why Do People Use Proxy?
Such a gateway is an additional link between a user and the Internet. It’s a certain intermediary that separates the person from a visited website. The described method of hiding actual IP addresses creates conditions under which the desired by the client platform thinks that the proxy is a real user but not the true visitor. Such gateways are quite versatile and may be used to:
- Ensure privacy – so, websites don’t know who exactly visits them.
- Speed up access to some resources on the Internet.
- Increase the level of security when accessing the network – basic attacks will be directed at the proxy.
- Access content that exists only in a specific location.
- Visit blocked web pages (online portals, social networks, and so forth).
The above is possible thanks to the proxy replacing the IP address, and the traffic passes through an additional server. The latter may have cached data or additional information protection methods.
Specificities of a 911 SOCKS 5 Proxy
The numeric part of this gateway name means it’s a residential protocol variation. This technology operates by applying a rotation system. Thus, the resident proxy redirects the device to a new IP address whenever a request is sent. That’s why the account won’t be blacklisted, since another working IP is automatically provided.
Benefits of SOCKS Technology
There are a few variants of proxy servers. Among the main types, it’s worth noting:
- HTTP gateways – they are the most common. But this technology isn’t safe, so choosing another variant is better.
- HTTPS proxies – that’s the same thing as HTTP, but it contains an encryption function. Users may safely apply the gateway to access blocked sites.
- SOCKS – this variation works with different types of traffic. It’s the most secure and flexible variant.
The SOCKS gateways have a few versions. The fifth modification of the protocol excels in the widest acceptance.
Features of a SOCKS 5 Proxy
This certificate version provides Internet users with the following advantages:
- No traffic confines – the described technology is a low-level proxy that may work with any digital certificates, programs, or data.
- Reliable as well as fast connections – the gateway is compatible with UDP. The latter doesn’t waste time transforming data packages into a stream of fixed packs. That’s why, with UDP at hand, SOCKS 5 can provide faster traffic speed together with safer connections.
- Better productivity and fewer errors (especially, on P2P platforms).
Internet users can learn more about the 911 SOCKS 5 proxies, for example, by visiting soax.com.