Today, with the busy schedules, heavy traffic, and social commitments we face on a daily basis, one only has little time left to prepare a healthy and delicious meal for themselves and their family. An obvious testament to this fact is, of course, the surging sales and growth in the fast food and instant meals industry.
With so little time to work on, not to mention the effort and time we need to spare in the preparation of the food, it is truly understandable that one would opt for instant meals or eat out in fast food restaurants. However, with the emergence of air fryers, did you know that you can now cook healthy meals within a few minutes? With air fryer, the dilemma of choosing between unhealthy instant meals or spending the time to cook a healthy meal has been solved.
Basically, an air fryer is a kitchen appliance that utilizes hot air in order to cook food. In the past, adding oil to the pan has been a staple step in cooking. However, with the air fryer, the natural oil of the food is the one being used to cook and fry the food. The hot air being circulated around the air fryer juices out the natural oil from the food and uses it to cook food. With the air fryer, you can enjoy quick and delicious meals with less fat and oil. Talk about healthy and fast!
And to further convince you about the brilliance of air fryers, here are 4 healthy recipes that you easily enjoy with the air fryer.
Air fryer spring rolls
One of the most popular healthy quick dishes is the spring rolls. Filled with chicken meat and various vegetables, one can enjoy a healthy and delicious dish at any time of the day. Below is the recipe and ingredients needed for the spring rolls.
- 150 grams of cooked chicken meat
- Celery stalk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ spoon of chopped ginger
- 1 spoon of chicken stock or powder
- Egg and cornstarch mix
- Spring roll wrappers
- Finely chop and shred the chicken meat into tiny little pieces.
- Consistently chop and slice the vegetables, the carrots, celery stalk and cabbage into tiny little pieces
- Mix the shredded chicken meat and sliced vegetables in a bowl and add the sugar and chicken stock.
- Make the spring rolls by filling a wrapper with the mixture on one edge. Roll until the end and seal the ends by using the egg and cornstarch mix as paste.
- Preheat your air fryer to about 200 degrees. Add the spring rolls and cook for 5-8 minutes. And finally, Enjoy!
Air fried Onion Rings
Who doesn’t want a quick and delicious battered onion rings? Below is the simple recipe and ingredients.
- Battered Onion Rings
- In the frying basket of your air fryer, add the battered onion rings and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the frying basket with the battered onion rings. If the onion rings isn’t cooked to your preference then you can cook it again for 10 minutes or until your desired result.
- Serve with mayonnaise or any mixture sauce of your preference.
Air Fryer Macaroni and Cheese
One of the best quick go-to snacks for your visitors is the Macaroni and Cheese. Who would have thought that it is possible with the air fryer. Here’s how.
- 3 cups of macaroni
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of whipping cream
- 1 spoonful of cornstarch
- Mix the cornstarch, macaroni, whipping cream and half of the shredded cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Cover the mixture with foil and add it to the air fryer.
- Use the bake settings of your air fryer and set the temperature at 310 degrees and bake the mixture.
- After approximately 20 mins, remove the foil and add the other half of the cheese and cook for another 10 mins.
Air fried Potato chips
Snacks? Surely, Everybody will love crispy seasoned potato chips. Here’s how with one of the best air fryers.
- Potatoes, regular or sweet potatoes depending on your preference.
- Clean the potatoes thoroughly and peel the skin.
- Consistently slice the potatoes into very thin slices.
- Add the slices to a bowl with cold water and leave for 15 minutes.
- Dry the potato slices by removing the water and leaving them out for 5 mins.
- Fry the chips for 20 minutes and enjoy your snacks!