Before M was born, I was intent on breastfeeding him. For me, that was the only way to go. We all know breast is best and I wanted to give my treasure only the best.
Little did I know how hard it would be.
Eventually, with the right equipment, support, and with plenty of determination, I succeeded. We breastfed until fifteen months, when he decided he had enough. For the first few days, M was exclusively formula fed, and we slowly transitioned to the breast, until, by two weeks old, he was almost exclusively breastfed.
I learned how to pump for when he wouldn’t take the breast.
I learned how to relax so that he can relax too.
But most of all, I learned how to be proud of myself, and congratulate myself for every step of progress.
With my next child on the way, I am determined to start off on the right foot. Lansinoh has everything a breastfeeding mom might need to make that journey more comfortable, and much more doable.
“Since a mom embarked on what would become Lansinoh® nearly 30 years ago, we’ve understood that sometimes breastfeeding moms need a little help. With a range of products and support, from soothing lanolin to breastfeeding pumps and accessories, we’ve become a savior to moms worldwide.”
Upon speaking to other moms, I discovered that it’s more normal to have challenges at the start than NOT to, especially if you’re a “first-timer”. A few sanity-savers include: being able to pump, especially if your spouse is willing and able to do a midnight feed for you, having the right equipment to help with cracked nipples and engorgement, and of course, surrounding yourself with supportive people.
Here are some must-have breastfeeding supplies from Lansinoh:
- Ultimate Protection Disposable Nursing Pads: You’ll want to always have nursing pads handy, as leakage does happen. These pads from Lansinoh offer super absorbency in a slim package that won’t clump or feel awkward. They will help you stay comfortable and discreet.
- HPA® Lanolin: This product is the safest, most effective solution for new moms to relieve sore and cracking nipples. It’s 100% natural, and contains only one ingredient – Lanolin.
- Thera°Pearl® 3-in-1 Breast Therapy Packs: A product designed to provide relief AND to help with pumping, these fun purple packs are super versatile and a must-have. Keep them in the freezer to pop them out when you are engorged and reduce swelling. Pop them right into the microwave from the freezer if you need to relieve mastitis or plugged ducts. They are also great for engorgement when heated because they will encourage letdown and therefore relief. Finally, you can wrap them around your pump when warm to help encourage letdown and more efficient pumping.
- Soothies® Gel Pads: Sooth sore nipples during the adjustment stage with these cooling pads that are reusable for up to 72 hours.
- Simple Wishes™ Hands-Free Pumping Bra: Pumping is transformed into a hands-free experience that leaves you available to do other things (work, play… or even rock that infant!) It comes in two sizes, and helps create a good seal for better pumping.
- Breastmilk Storage Bags: Lansinoh’s famous breastmilk storage bags provide the perfect, space-efficient solution for moms looking to pump in advance. The double seal makes sure that you keep every drop of your milk (up to six ounces per bag).
- Lansinoh® mOmma® Bottle with NaturalWave™ Nipple: Lansinoh’s line of bottles go perfectly with your breastfeeding journey, allowing your baby to transition smoothly from breast to pumped milk. The well-researched silicone nipples are designed to imitate the wavelike motion of baby suckling to avoid nipple confusion. These bottles are also BPA and BPS free and can therefore be used to safely freeze breastmilk. The air ventilation system reduces gas and therefore colic. It comes in two sizes (5 oz and 8 oz) and the nipples are available in various flow levels too.
Lansinoh has brought together innovation and experience to make a mom’s breastfeeding journey more doable.
Connect with Lansinoh:
This product was received from the Company for review purposes only. All thoughts and words in this post is my own and I was not paid to endorse it. I am only voicing my opinion about this product.