Diet plans and controlled feeding along with exercises and regular physical activity have formed the long-standing pillars of weight loss and toned bodies. Several types of research have emphasized the importance of adherence to diets and the consequences of cheating on weight loss and fitness schedules and as such, it is imperative for anyone who is on a diet to try as much as possible to live within the limits till desired physical changes are achieved.
Good health is a panacea for long life in health and fitness, and diabetes, obesity, overweight, and fat are the common culprits that bring aggravated health challenges that may shorten life span. Belly fat is also one of the most dangerous adverse fat accumulation sites, and also one of the most difficult place for the body to give up fat. Acheiving a flat belly isn’t just healthy, it also mandatory if one is to maintain a presentable appearance; this can be a daunting task if lifestyle changes to diet and physical activity isn’t effected.
Below are a few selection of the most popular fasting and dieting solutions that bring significant positive changes that has helped several dieters acheive their weight loss goals.
- Ketogenic diets
- Intermittent Fasting Intermittent fasting generally refers to an eating pattern that alternates periods of eating and fasting. Unlike most other diet strategies, intermittent fasting is more of a feeding habit that doesn’t dictate what foods to eat or what to avoid but rather emphasizes on when to eat. There is a 5:2 system which is arguably the most popular system that encourages dieters to embark on a 2-day fasting routine consecutively, wherein dieters are to consume only about 500-600 calories on those days, and a 5-day normal healthy eating pattern. The benefits are weight loss and fat burns especially in the belly, and improved hunger tolerance that helps to reduce overeating. Other methods include the 16/8 that advises dieters to fast for 16 hours a day and eat for 8 hours and the “eat-stop-eat” method that involves fasting for 24 hours once or twice a week.
- The HCG diet HCG diets are highly effective in treating visceral fat (belly fat) and achieving laudable weight loss results. Dieters on the HCG diet are administered the acceptable amount of the HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) hormone and placed on a low-calorie diet that includes no more than 800 calories. After taking HCG hormone drops our hunger hormone kills hunger and you won’t be taking more than 1200 cal per day. The HCG hormone itself is commonly secreted by pregnant women in cases of calorie deficiency and allows the fetus to draw nutrients and calories from the mother’s fat reserves. The principle is similar here as the hormone induces low appetite and forces the body to burn fat from thighs and bellies after limited intake of calories by the dieter.
Diet adherence – Why and How
From time to time, people have reported challenges in adhering to recommended diet plans. Some dieters have failed to see the advantages while others simply do not take it serious or belive it to be some kind of punishment.
For people looking to lose Weight:
- It is imperative to stick to diet plans so as to see expected results in scheduled time frame.
- It is also important to recognize that going outside plans can cause imbalances to allowed calories.
- Sticking to diet plans and their phases (1,2,3,4) can help reduce contact with foods that can be adverse to weight loss goals.
It may seem easier said than done, but some few tips exist for improvement and sticking to recommended diet and meal plans. Some effective ways to stick to diet plans include:
- Avoid strenuous activities that can lead to excessive fatigue during diets so as not to overwork the body system and trigger excessive hunger pangs
- Always have meals in hand so it is easily accessible when hungry – this will keep many from eating the next available thing that is off or on their diet plans when hungry
- Avoid sugary foods that cause blood sugar level fluctuations and subsequently lead to artificial hunger or cravings