Finding classroom storage cabinets which are kid friendly will ensure that you are in a position to utilize the classroom space well. Here are some of the things which you will need to consider before you go out to purchase
There are various types of classroom storage cabinets available in the market. Some of the variety you will come across will include:
- Cabinets: Cabinets are the ones which have doors which will help in maintaining privacy and high level of security. You will be able to use them to store files and other materials which are sensitive. There are those which mount on the walls, which will ensure that they are kept out of the reach of the children.
- Coat Racks: They provide a convenient, accessible way to store toys, books, learning aids, and other materials for the classroom. You have an option of choosing wood shelving which tends to be attractive and long-lasting as a storage solution.
- Folding Storage Unit: These storage lockers work like shelves, but the difference comes in that, they fold in the center. This makes them help in saving space while at the same time, securing items which are important. For added security, some of them feature locks.
Storage lockers for the school can be made from different materials which might include:
- Hardwood: If the wood is solid, it looks great and is very much durable. You will be able to find classroom storage that is made of hardwood available in a variety of finishes.
- Plastic: Plastic comes in different forms which include polyethylene, polypropylene, and others. Plastic tends to be durable and yet at the same time, inexpensive as compared to hardwood. It is lightweight.
- Melamine: This is a form of a high-pressure laminate which is used in combination with particle board to be able to produce durable furniture which is affordable. It is capable of resisting stains, cleans very easily, and has resistance to pressure and heat.
- Plywood: Particle board or plywood uses hardwood chunks in combination with adhesive in order to come up with a flexible, strong, building material. There is plywood furniture which features a laminate coating in order to increase durability and prevent stains. The laminate looks like natural hardwood finish.
- Recycled Wood Fiber: This tends to be similar to plywood and it is formed from a combination of a chunk of wood that is recycled together with other papers which end up forming a building material which is very strong. It is combined also with laminate to make the material to be more durable and to provide an attractive, smooth surface.
The backing option for single storage units is found in various options. Plywood or pegboard backing tends to be the most standard one. Flannel, dry erase, or chalkboard backing is normally available to offer additional charge and it allows you to be able to use the back side as an easel.
If most of the time you keep on rearranging the classroom or moving storage units around in your school, then it is best you choose one with casters.