Brian Halligan, believes that ‘People shop and learn in a whole new way compared to just a few years ago, so marketers need to adapt or risk extinction.’ As a business owner, you’ll have noticed by now that content marketing has well and truly taken over. Perhaps you’re wondering how you can improve your content marketing strategies. To strengthen your marketing campaigns today, start with these five tips.
- Improve your customer personas
A customer persona is a description of a person who represents your ideal target audience. You create your customer persona by giving this fictitious person various characteristics. The characteristics include behavioral traits, interests, demographic details and a name. A customer persona should include as much detail as possible.
Improving your customer personas will help you to design the best content for your target audience. To improve your customer personas you need to perform thorough research, move beyond the basic demographics and seek to understand your customers fears, pain points, goals and buying patterns. The better you know your audience the easier it is to grow your business.
- User generated content
User-generated content, refers to content that has been created by unpaid contributors, generally these people will be your customers. User generated content may be in the form of social media posts, website pages, blogs or testimonials. UGC content performs so well because it’s real and authentic. People aren’t quick to trust brands and marketers and are more inclined to trust their peers. To create a hype around your UGC it’s useful to offer your customers an incentive to create this content. For example, you might do this in the form of a competition.
- Create shoppable posts
According to Forbes, ‘41% of e-commerce brands now use shoppable Instagram posts.’ There are several advantages to using shoppable posts as part of your marketing strategy:
- Faster conversions: When customers use shoppable posts they don’t need to leave your social page to look up your website. Consumers can click on the post, purchase the product, and continue on the same page.
- Brand storytelling: Companies can use videos to engage in brand storytelling, with shoppable posts it’s easy to link these stories to direct product opportunities.
- Try interactive content
Interactive content invites the audience to actively participate, as opposed to merely reading text or watching a video. You might use interactive videos, surveys, or interactive infographics. There are several benefits to using interactive content including:
- Drive brand awareness: Interactive content gets plenty of shares, allowing you to drive your brand awareness.
- Improve session time: When visitors are engaging with interactive content they’ll spend even longer on your page.
- It’s fun: Interactive content is fun and so it’s the perfect way to gain consumer feedback and establish relationships.
- Industry specific marketers
To take your marketing campaigns to the next level it’s wise to work with industry specific marketers. Whether it’s a hvac marketing company, or marketing for law firms, choose a service who has expertise in your field. Different industries require different marketing tactics, it’s important to focus on the finer details to inform your strategies