Choosing the right wig is an important decision. No one wants to wear a wig that doesn’t suit them, that looks cheap, or that makes them look and feel uncomfortable.
With so many wigs on the market, the right one for you is out there. You don’t need to settle for anything else until you find it! Here are some top tips for ensuring that you choose the perfect wig for you:
- If you want to have long and full hair without any hassle then choose human hair rather than synthetic hair, if you can afford it. Although there have been several amazing advances in wig technologies in recent years, long synthetic wigs still tend to knot and tangle, making them very difficult to wear in the long term. Because a human hair wig looks and feels just like regular human hair, you won’t have this problem.
- All wigs are not created equally. Better quality wigs look substantially more realistic than cheaper versions, particularly around the hairline. They are also designed to last longer and withstand routine washing and styling. If you want hair that looks stylish and seamlessly natural then purchase well-known brands from a reputable supplier like Joseph’s Wigs. Wigs from unknown brands at prices that seem too good to be true probably are. When you’re buying online you will buy with confidence if you know you can trust the brand and store that you’re buying from.
- Make sure your wig is adjusted to your size: this will ensure a snug and comfortable fit. If you haven’t ordered a made to measure wig then most wigs will have hooks, clips or Velcro tape on the inside to help you adjust accordingly. Take the time to get to know your wig when it first arrives, and adjust it and tweak it until you have the perfect fit.
- Think carefully about hair placement. It is very difficult to change the way the hair on a wig flows from the roots, so it is important that you choose a style that you like in its natural state. Look at where the hair has been parted (and see how this compares to the position of your natural parting) and if you are looking for a wig with a fringe then choosing its thickness and positioning is also a key factor. The color and length of a wig can be changed but these elements cannot, so they are the most important things to focus on when making your selection.
- Wear your wig when you have it cut and styled. The shape of your face and positioning of your features will determine whether a haircut suits you, and the same rule applies to your wig. The best way of ensuring that your wig looks great on you is to wear it when you are having it cut so that it can be changed to suit your features rather than the other way around.
- Sit back and wait for the compliments! When you’re wearing the right wig, your inner confidence will shine through and you (and your hair) are sure to attract attention for all of the right reasons.