I’m a foodie through and through. I would spend all day in my kitchen baking and cooking up every recipe I could think of if I could. Unfortunately, I don’t have that luxury. That’s why, when the holiday season comes around, I work extra hard the month prior so that I can. During the holidays I love to make goodies for friends and family. This year I’ve added a new cookie to the mix. Tasty Table Lights, not only are they festive, but they are scrumptious.
A simple sugar cookie lightly frosted with a creamy smooth vanilla frosting and smothered with yummy mini M&M’s!
Tasty Table Lights are fun, easy and quick to make. In fact, they make for a wonderful holiday craft for children as well.
After making the Tasty Table Lights cookies, as with every new recipe I try my family does a taste test and then votes! Voting is taking very seriously in our family. You see, we vote as to whether or not the recipe is worthy of being added to the family recipe book. Not all recipes make the cut. But when they do, that means everyone in the family not only wants, but expects to have that delicious recipe again and again.
Tasty Table Lights cookies WON and has now been added to our family recipe book!
Tasty Table Lights are fun, easy and quick to make. In fact, if you’re like baking with the kiddos, they make for a wonderful holiday craft for children as well.
Make memories this holiday season, give the gift of love, peace, joy and yes, delicious cookies topped with yummy M&M’s
I’ve included the easy to follow recipe below. We’d love to hear from you if you try the Tasty Table Lights this season!
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Bake Time: 45 min.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Yield: Makes 24 cookies.
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 18 oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 3 cups M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend
- 4 strands red licorice laces
- Resealable plastic bags
- Drinking straw
- Christmas light shaped cookie cutter (small)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
- 3. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- 4. With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie.
- 5. Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- 6. Separate different colors of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies, and set aside.
- 7. Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies on top of each cookie.
- 8. Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.
- 9. Tip for a quicker and lighter version: Tint frosting to match the M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies. Frost the cookies and then decorate with color coodinated M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candi
Your favorite chocolate candies are bundled up for Winter in festive holiday colors. Available in Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Almond and Pretzel. Holidays are Better with M. Learn More.